Sunday, May 2, 2010

One Hot Tamale Girls Night

Well, on Friday I told you about my
Girl's Night In Party I had planned!
The party went great and the girls had so much fun
editing their pictures on Picnik!
Picnik is an online photo editing company
that asked me to host a House Party for them!
I gladly accepted!
If you haven't tried it..head over there and check it out!
You can host your own party too!
If you are interested contact me and I will
pass on the information!
The party theme was One Hot Tamale!
With Cinco de Mayo around the corner I thought
this was a perfect theme to tie in.
I opted for a more modern background for my theme
and chose Red, White, and Black as my colors.
The labels were custom made for me by
She was great to work with and helped me out on short notice!
I used the labels everywhere!
They were great!
I hole punched the edges of the plates and added a tag
attached by a red brad for an little extra touch.
I used metal containers to hold my red and white paper flowers.
Thanks again to Susan at Poca Cosas for the paper flower idea!
And for the napkins, I tied them up with red raffia
and attached a red pepper label.
The desserts table was a big hit!
Chocolate Cake Balls
Strawberry Cheesecake served in Mini Martini Glasses
Key Lime Mousse Cups
Lemon Poundcake with Lemon Mousse and Raspberries
Kahlua soaked Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse
Lemon Cookies
The Favors were boxes of Hot Tamales!
I just covered them in scrapbook paper
and added the label!

I served Sangria and Margaritas for the cocktails!
These made great swirls mixed together!
Yummy!
And of course, I used the labels to make
drink tags for the glasses.
By the way, I got the glasses at Dollar Tree!
WOO...WHOOO...
For the appetizers we had
Grilled Chicken and Beef Skewers
Chips and Queso
7 Layer Dips served in individual wine glasses
Mini Beef Taco bowls
For some reason I didn't get any pictures of the food!
And I wish I had better pictures of the dessert table.
I will do better next time!
Hope you can use some inspiration for your
Cinco de Mayo celebrations this week!
Check out
Parties by Hardie
for some printables!
These were custom made but,
I bet you could purchase them too!
Oh...and all the pictures you see..
you guessed it!
I used Picnik to edit them, add text, add borders,
and make the collages!

3 comments:

  1. love the hot tamale favors & the dessert bar! you did an AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect girls night theme! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete

Pin it!